Guidelines to minimize wheel loader downtime this winter season
The arrival of fall means cold temperatures and snow are on the horizon. If you own a wheel loader, especially if you use it for snow removal, now is the time to winterize it. Don’t wait until the last moment – downtime during the winter season can have a significant impact on your bottom line.
We recommend the following guidelines. If you need any further assistance, call Centranz at 1-800-457-5400. We’re always happy to help.
1. Check fluids, particularly engine oil, transmission oil and antifreeze.
2. Send a sample of the transmission oil out for analysis to diagnose any potential issues.
3. Check oil pressure ranges while running at cold and hot temperatures.
4. Check sump screen and filter. Replace as needed.
5. Clean and flush radiator.
6. Monitor system voltage and functionality.
7. Check mounting hardware and drive lines. Replace as needed.
8. Examine the hoses, cylinders and guards, cutting blades and edges of attachments.